"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, June 05, 2005

My grandmother's autograph book.

After perusing Meggiecat's blog and clicking on many of the links she provides, I decided to add some variations to my blog (I really will have to change the description soon!). One of her postings was from a website that shows pages from a very old autograph book, and it immediately reminded me of my maternal grandmother's book that I am in possession of. So I have scanned some of the pages and put them here, and in due course will be adding more. This book is now 100 years old; funny to think it has been in my possession for about 30 years and as much as I loved it, I never stopped to think of how old it was, up until now. Things were so different then, weren't they...a much more genteel lifestyle, and so many artistic, articulate and talented people around. Let me know what you think of these scans, and if you would like to see more.

1 comment:

Linda said...

More please - but only after you go to bed and get up again!!!! :)