"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A fun time was had by all....

Linda from Chloe's Place and Sharon from A Blank Page joined me today for a multipurpose get-to-gether. Firstly I took them to Savers, one of the biggest charity shops around. We were looking for aprons and anything that might catch the eye. I was astonished and embarrassed to find only four or five aprons on the rack! I had told Linda that Savers always have dozens of them, but I think somebody has been reading our blogs, because today of all days - zilch! I found a little treasure for myself - a Crinoline Lady cup and plate set for $7. The cup had a hairline crack in it, but as I am not a serious collector of china, and it will only be used for display anyway, not for hot cups of tea! I wasn't concerned about it. After a quick lunch we went on to Vinnies OpShop and this time my friends were in luck. Go and check Chloe's Place to see what Linda found (she chortled with delight all the way home!). Sharon found two beautiful little items, but she might like to describe them herself on her blog, so I won't give anything away here. We came back to my house, where I showed Linda my complete collection of aprons -finished, unfinished, never started, and my day to day non-embroidered ones. She took some photos, so 'watch this space' (as well as Chloe's Place) for some new apron photos!

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

You must have had a ball. Wish I could have tagged along :-)

Gina E. said...

Well, next time you are in the Land Of Oz, just pop down to Melbourne and I will enjoy showing you around - LOL!