"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, April 03, 2005

A Long Weekend of stitching

We had a free weekend this first week in April - first one for a long time, and the last for a while longer, according to my diary. So I decided to make the most of it and stitch, while hubby watched the Superbike Races at Phillip Island. I completed the Calico Kats cross stitch, which will need a light wash before framing. I also completed two smaller projects - cards for a birthday exchange that I am in on an MSN Group called "Cross Country Stitchers". There are about 15 or so ladies in this birthday exchange group, and we commit ourselves to sending each person a handmade birthday card on their birthday. There are four birthdays in April (one of them being mine), so I have three cards to do. Well, one now, as two are done! The other item I wanted to work on was my Colour Change Sampler, but I didn't get around to that. At last I am going to get some of my UFOs finished off! I can embroider, but not crochet, so I have been storing tablecloths and doilies which I have finished stitching, but needed edging. An old friend living in Gippsland loves to crochet, so we are heading down there in the middle of April for a weekend, and I am to take all my stuff needing crochet edges, and she will do them for me - yippee!!

1 comment:

Maggie Ann said...

Hello Patra, just visiting. Came over from Chloesplace.blogspot I think?? Anyway, I like the sounds of your cross-stitch group. Here in the States, we don't have anything like that in our area, well, a knitting club. It sounds like you get a lot of things finished to me ...you've got a nice blog started!